Macmillan Community Wellbeing Officer
|Salary:||£20,457 to £22,434|
|Location:||West Kirby Concourse|
|Job Type:||Fixed Term|
2 x posts
This two year project aims to revolutionise the care provided to people living with a cancer diagnosis in the Wirral area. Tackling inequalities in cancer care through, offering all newly diagnosed patients in the pilot cohort an electronic holistic needs assessment (eHNA).
The project will connect patients with community based support that will complement the care provided by clinicians. The aim of the project is to help patients to identify and address any needs that may be impacting on
health and wellbeing. Moreover, the project will help patients to rediscover and reconnect with their strengths, build confidence, get the best out of life. The post holder will link directly into community assets to support the client to address the issues/problems identified and signposting them into relevant programmes. The post holder will deliver relevant health and well-being programmes, provide monitoring, evaluation and feedback to all delivery sessions.
1. Undertake eHNA's and care plans assessing emotional, spiritual, practical, physical and, social for newly diagnosed patients.
2. Enable and support individuals to address issues/problems identified in a timely manner and signpost into relevant programmes and interventions.
3. Engage with individuals in local communities which have identified health inequalities to link further to community assets.
4. Develop and implement individual programmes and interventions across the Wirral to meet service need.
5. Enable and support individuals to change their behaviour to improve their health.
6. Delivery of health and well-being sessions
7. Be responsible for data inputting, analysis and evaluation.
8. To work with people affected by cancer to enable them to live more independently.
This post is fixed term for 2 years.
Applications welcome for full and part time opportunities.
To discuss this post further please contact Lucy Holmes with firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is subject to Enhanced Child and Adult Level DBS check.
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
Applications can only be accepted through the Jobs page following registration. Forms received via the post will not be processed.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.
|Contact Name:||Lucy Holmes|