Library ICT Volunteer
Wirral's Library Service is looking to recruit IT confident people with time to spare to join a pool of volunteers who provide IT support and guidance for the public. Volunteers will need a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and be confident and skilled in the use of web-based email, searching the internet and using online resources. Other IT skills and knowledge (e.g. web design, Photoshop etc.) would be an advantage. Good people skills are essential as are reliability and commitment to the role. Volunteers would work as part of the library team although they will not undertake any library duties e.g. shelving, issuing and discharging books etc.
Volunteers must be willing to work at any site across Wirral (travel expenses will be paid).
Provide two references from individuals who have known you in a personal, work, or voluntary capacity
Main duties will include:
- Assisting customers in accessing online training courses.
- Helping customers in their use of IT programs to produce documents ' e.g. CVs, letters, presentations, job applications, spreadsheets etc. and to download photographs & images.
- Promoting & assisting customers in the use of free online resources such as Findmypast.co.uk and Encyclopedia Britannica etc.
- Helping customers with their use of the internet to access/gather information & for research purposes.
- Assisting customers in the creation & use of web-based email services such as Hotmail.
- Supporting customers with more advanced computer skills when necessary.
Please contact Elaine Wilson on 0151 639 2334 or email@example.com for an informal chat.
Please DO NOT select the Apply button.
Click on the "Volunteer Application Form" in the Vacancy Links section below to open the application form.
|Contact Name:||Elaine Wilson|
|Telephone:||0151 639 2334|