Fostering Panel Advisor
|Salary:||£42,821 to £45,859|
|Location:||Rock Ferry Childrens Service|
|Vacancy Group:||Social Care|
36 hours per week
Wirral is home to vibrant, energetic and engaged communities, people who take real ownership of their local area and are passionate about making Wirral a better place. The council and its partners have pledged to #BeTheDifference.
We’ve got ambitious targets to meet by 2025. To achieve everything we have promised to our residents, we need people who are driven and ready to deliver the very best for our communities - #BeTheDifference.
Wirral Fostering Service require a suitably qualified individual to provide professional advice to their Fostering Panel.
What are we looking for?
' Qualified Social Worker
' Substantial post qualifying experience in services to children and families
' Extensive detailed knowledge of current childcare legislation, Regulations, Standards and statutory guidance relevant to Fostering.
' Social Work England registered
' Knowledge of current relevant legislation and the ability to apply in practice
' Ability to work of part of a team
' Commitment and motivation to further professional development
The primary responsibilities of the post will be:
- To assist the fostering services with the maintenance of the central list for the constitution of the fostering panels.
- To be responsible for the induction and training of persons in the central list.
- Applicant should have an excellent knowledge of childcare legislation, regulations, guidance and minimum standards particularly in relation to fostering. They will also need to demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal and decision making skills.
- Act as professional advisor for panels regarding procedures and practices, the impact of any recommendations made by the panel, and all relevant legislation and guidelines.
- Quality assure papers being prepared for panel to make sure they meet the necessary standards and that all relevant papers are available.
- To be the main reference point for Wirral fostering and Social Work teams concerning panel policies, procedures, expectations and outcomes.
- Ensure that the panel undertakes reviews of practice and outcomes as required and consistent with regulation and guidance.
- To be responsible along with the panel chairperson for ensuring that applicants and workers attending panel are treated with respect and all questions / matters raised are appropriate and managed sensitively and that feedback is collated, analysed and fed back to panel and key staff.
- To be responsible, in partnership with the panels' chairpersons, for the panels' developmental days and annual report
For further information or an informal chat please contact Nabeel Chaudhry (Head of Integrated Provision) via email on NabeelChaudhry@Wirral.gov.uk
Interviews are planned for 22nd October 2020.
Do you want to #BeTheDifference?
Click below and tell us why.
The successful applicant must have the ability to converse with members of the public and provide advice in accurate, spoken English
This post is subject to Enhanced Level DBS check.
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
Applications can only be accepted through the Jobs page following registration. Forms received via the post will not be processed.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.
|Contact Name:||Nabeel Chaudhry|