|Salary:||£4.367 to £4,454|
|Job Type:||Fixed Term|
|Vacancy Group:||Non Teaching (in schools)|
Part Time 10 hours per week – 39 Weeks per year
Fixed Term to 31/12/2021
• Somerville Federation: Somerville Primary School
• Part-time 10 hours per week (2 hours daily either before 8am or after 3.30pm)
• Band B
• (Term-time 39 weeks contract).
• Closing Date: 10th March 2021 at 4pm
This is a re-advertisement from January 2021, all previous applicants need not reapply as they will be considered in this round of application.
The Governors of Somerville Federation would like to appoint a Cleaner from 15th March 2021. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and cheerful member of staff to join our Federation of schools. The role is a temporary role in the first instance due to finances, however there may be a possibility of extension to the temporary position depending upon finances moving forward.
The role will include:
1. Undertaking cleaning of allocated areas in line with specified standards and as directed. Includes cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying of litter bins, polishing and dusting of the designated areas (which will include toilets and shower areas) and fixtures and fittings, using where appropriate, powered equipment.
2. Operate / use domestic and industrial cleaning equipment and materials, following appropriate training.
3. Store allocated equipment and materials safely and securely.
4. Perform duties in line with health and safety regulations (COSHH) and take action where hazards are identified, report serious hazards to line manager immediately.
5. Responsible along with all members of the school for the safeguarding and welfare of pupils
6. To perform other duties considered reasonable, that are commensurate with the grading and designation of the post.
Individuals in this role may also undertake some or all of the following:
1. Undertake specialised cleaning programmes during school closures or other designated periods.
The successful candidate will be one who is enthusiastic and works well as a team.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Level DBS check.
All applicants will be considered based on suitability for the post regardless of sex, race or disability.
Application forms for the above post are available online at www.wirral.gov.uk.
Completed forms along with a letter of application and the names and addresses of two referees should be submitted to the Business Manager, Mrs. Jan Wright, at the school address or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 10th March 2021 at 4pm
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.
Application forms for the above post are available online at www.wirral.gov.uk. Please return completed application forms to the school address below
Somerville Primary School (Somerville Federation)
Tel: 0151 638 5074
|Contact Name:||Mr MJ Forber|
|Telephone:||0151 638 5074|